We have continued to increase our workload and deliver quality, innovative engineering solutions for our clients. EDC has clients in the UK, Ireland and Africa, across a number of sectors including Healthcare, Education, Residential, Industrial, Commercial and Hotel & Leisure.
We now have 3 thriving offices and a number of key positions open, as we continue with our ambitious expansion programme. We take pride in promoting internally, and can point to the success stories of engineers who joined us at mid-career level and now hold director titles.
As Senior Electrical Engineer at EDC, you will be a hands on, focused engineering consultant who can uphold EDC’s approach to quality driven success.
- 7 – 9 years Building Services Consultancy Design experience
- Expert user of Amtech, Relux/Dialux
- BIM experience will be advantageous
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for full Electrical Design management of Project
- Fulfil electrical design work as required on project
- Provide quality control for Electrical Engineering projects across all offices
- Assist modelers to produce detailed working drawings in 3D and scheme drawings
- Producing profitable projects
- Project lead for all size projects
- Demonstrate client care
- Management of both project teams and cross functional teams within the organisational structure
- Represent EDC at client meetings
- Direct cost control responsibility for a number of projects
- Lead change in new systems and technologies
- Mentor and develop less experienced Engineers
- Travel to client and project locations as required for meetings / surveys / training etc.
- Ensure that the good name and reputation of EDC is maintained and promoted within the industry
- Liaise with other EDC offices for all matters as appropriate
- Excellent understanding of the market and seek out new project opportunities for the company
Qualifications and Skills
- A thorough understanding of the theoretical and practical application of their engineering discipline, and a strong understanding of the other disciplines offered by the company
- Proven experience of delivering detailed designs through full design cycle
- Expert knowledge and experience in the following Electrical design areas: Lighting & Emergency Lighting, Small Power and Data, Fire alarms, CCTV & Intruder Alarms, MV/LV Power Distribution, Containment and BMS
- Ability to make prompt, disciplined project decisions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exhibit leadership when there are issues, and resolve in a measured, calm manner.
- Excel at working on several projects simultaneously and show the ability to prioritise and plan work
- Understand the market and seek out new project opportunities for the company
- Work flexibility as required to meet the business requirements
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Commercial Awareness
- Ability to work on your own initiative
If this position is of interest to you, please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org