EDC was established in 2003, and thanks to our quality-driven approach to engineering and early-adopter ethos with new technology, we have grown during a period when most companies in this sector have struggled. We have continued to increase our workload and deliver quality, innovative engineering solutions for our clients. EDC has clients in the UK, Ireland and Africa, across a range sectors including Healthcare, Education, Residential, Industrial, Commercial and Hotel & Leisure. We now have three thriving offices and take pride in promoting internally and can point to the success stories of engineers who joined us at a mid-career level and now hold director titles.
At EDC, our mission is to be progressive for our clients and our employees. We embrace innovation to drive efficiency in construction by leading the way. We cultivate an open, dynamic internal culture where good people and good ideas will always be heard.
You will be a hands-on, and focused person who can uphold EDC’s approach to quality-driven success. You will need to ideally have previous experience in Document Control/Administration in an Engineering Consultancy and will be a competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Quality Systems for design office teams; familiarity with ISO standards 9001:2005will be advantageous. If you can show initiative and have the qualities above, you can pave your way to a successful career with EDC.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ideally, you will have at least 1 year’s prior experience in an Engineering/Design Office environment and be highly proficient in the use of MS Office.
- You should have excellent communication skills, a good telephone manner, and strong computer skills and be willing to work with others.
- Preferably you should have experience in Document Control, Project Administration and Quality systems for design office teams working in the Construction/Engineering Industry.
- Ability to consistently meet multiple and often conflicting deadlines as well as demonstrating initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, continually seeking to improve the overall running of the office.
- Familiarity with ISO standards of 9001:2015 advantageous
- Flexible and adaptable, is happy to work on a wide variety of tasks, focusing their attention on priority items.
Document Controller Responsibilities:
The role of a document controller is to collate, edit, upload, and distribute them to the necessary personnel and ensure they are accessible throughout the lifecycle of the project. On a project the document controller is primarily responsible for the following:
- Using document management software to track and safely store documents
- Collating all necessary documents for projects
- Creating reports for management and clients based upon existing documentation
- Ensuring the timely distribution of documents & drawings to project personnel
- Distributing documentation to employees relating to health and safety
- Distributing documentation relating to project progress to clients and stakeholders
- Distribution of drawing transmittals and submittals to client
- Documenting meetings and events in relation to a project and uploading them to the storage area where necessary.
- Maintenance of controlled document registers and associated documentation
- Developing and maintaining filing systems
- General Administration including typing, printing
- Establish, implement, and maintain project distribution lists & review/approval workflows
- Manage Information Management mailboxes, and complete actions
- Regularly report In-coming and out-going information
- Work with delivery managers/project managers to plan deliverables submissions, and upload drawings and documents onto electronic document management systems Produce Information Delivery Plans (TIDP/MIDP)
- Filing of electronic correspondence in accordance with Quality Assurance procedures
- Working in accordance with company procedures & guidelines
- All other duties associated with this role
Reception / Administration Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the smooth Day to Day running of the London Office, support to Cork & Dublin offices.
- General admin to all office functions
- Support the Marketing and HR Functions where required
- Booking accommodation and flights
- Ordering office stationery and consumables
- Manage the Reception function, including managing incoming calls, mail and deliveries
- Organise meetings/events as required
- Provide support with Accounts
- Ensure office is maintained to a high standard, incorporating Lean principles
- Salary Negotiable – dependent on experience
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Sports & Social Club
Whilst working with EDC you will feel like part of a family – you will have every opportunity to get stuck in and make an impact immediately. We offer a competitive remuneration package with friendly, flexible working policies. We empower our employees, encourage them to be the best that they can be and reward success. Career advancement and professional development is core to how we work and reward our people.
OUR HIRING PROCESS:
We know you live a busy life, and so, we have adopted a hiring process that is targeted and streamlined. We focus on your fit with EDC as well as your technical skill match.
1. Apply: Find an open role that interests you with EDC via one of our recruitment channels.
2. Review: Applications are read by real engineering managers who are both experts in interpreting resumes and are familiar with all EDC’s jobs within a talent segment—not just the one you applied for.
3. Interview: We use a competencies-based interviewing process that is intended to help us minimize unconscious bias while also making sure we hire people who will thrive within EDC.
4. Offer: We ensure we come back as quickly as possible with regards to whether you will be made an offer. If you verbally accept, we will send through an official written offer and begin the onboarding process.
EDC is an equal opportunities employer