- Can you deliver quality engineered solutions?
- Are you a great team player?
- Would like to become a future Company Leader?
EDC is a truly progressive consulting engineering firm delivering quality, innovative engineering solutions for our clients. Leaders in BIM technology, we employ a unique, direct client collaboration approach that allows us to develop more efficient, transparent processes and designs, which ultimately delivers outstanding work for our clients.
We pride ourselves in our dynamic, motivated, vibrant team of highly skilled engineers who are passionate about customer service, quality and innovation. As an ambitious company, we invest in our highly skilled team of experts and want to see our employees continue to grow and develop in their expert field so that we can aim for the best with our clients.
At EDC, we operate at the highest level of integrity and value an honest, transparent approach to work. Our aim is to provide a work environment where people can unleash their creativity driving excellence, innovation and quality, whilst doing what they are passionate about every day. We deliver projects that are driven by forward-thinking experts using advanced technology.
Whilst working with EDC you will feel like being part of a family – you will have every opportunity to get stuck in and make an impact immediately. You will have the opportunity to advance your Career & professional development through CPD and internal coaching & mentoring.
You will be a hands-on, and focused engineering consultant who can uphold EDC's approach to quality driven success. Ideally you will Building Services Consultancy Design experience and will be a competent user of Amtech, Relux/Dialux; BIM experience will be advantageous, and you must be able to deliver detailed designs From RIBA stages A to F. If you can work on your own initiative, and have the aforementioned qualities, you can pave your way for a successful career with EDC.
Education and Experience:
Intermediate Electrical Engineer
- Minimum Degree qualification in Electrical Design Engineering
- Minimum 3 years Electrical Building Services Consultancy Design experience.
- Proficient user of the following:
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.)
- Autodesk Applications (AutoCAD/Design Review)
- Commercial sector knowledge/experience a strong advantage.
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) experience will be advantageous.
Senior Electrical Engineer
Reporting to the London Operations Director, you will lead and manage the full Electrical Design on projects of all sizes demonstrating client care at all times. We are looking for someone who can manage both project teams and cross-functional teams within the organisational structure. You will provide the quality control for the Electrical projects across all offices and lead change in new systems and technologies.
- 7 – 9 years Building Services Consultancy Design experience
- Expert user of Amtech, Relux/Dialux
- BIM experience advantageous
- Minimum Degree level in Electrical Engineering
- Chartership desirable
Knowledge and Skills:
- Competent in the design and specification of electrical building services in a variety of industry and project types, sizes and complexity.
- Experience of delivering detailed designs through the full design cycle.
- Strong knowledge and experience of MEP, including Electrical design areas: Lighting & Emergency Lighting, Small Power and Data, Fire alarms, CCTV & Intruder Alarms, LV Power Distribution and Containment.
- Detailed understanding of specific electrical services design tools, such as Dialux & Amtech.
- Deep knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards.
- Excellent project management, problem-solving, and IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong sense of commercial awareness.
- Responsible for full Electrical Design Management
- Fulfil electrical design work as required, working to project deadlines.
- Design and specification of the following:
- Lighting & Emergency Lighting
- Small Power and Data
- Fire alarms
- CCTV & Intruder Alarms
- LV Power Distribution
- Provide quality control for Electrical Engineering projects across all offices.
- Champion change in new systems and technologies.
- Mentor and develop less experienced Engineers.
- Assist modellers to produce detailed working drawings in 3D and scheme drawings.
- Develop project scope with design team/client
- Produce budgets and reports for clients
- Primarily office based, occasionally representing EDC at client meetings as required.
- Carry out all work in a professional manner, building EDC’s excellent reputation within the industry
EDC is an equal opportunities employer
- Negotiable – dependant on experience
- Paid Overtime
- Pension Scheme
- Sports & Social Club
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your application to email@example.com