EDC KEY STATS
Founded in 2002 | 50 Staff & growing | Offices in Dublin, Cork and London
Are You Looking For A New Opportunity To Develop Yourself And Your Career?
Make A Difference – Shape not only your future but the environment around you. We aim to provide a work environment where you can unleash their creativity driving excellence, innovation and quality whilst doing what you are passionate about every day.
Residential | Student Accommodation | Commercial | Hotels & Leisure | Healthcare | Energy | Education
EDC was established in 2003 and thanks to our quality-driven approach to engineering and early-adopter ethos with new technology, we have grown during a period when most companies in this sector have struggled. We have continued to increase our workload and deliver quality, innovative engineering solutions for our clients. EDC has clients in the UK, Ireland and Africa, across a range sectors including Healthcare, Education, Residential, Industrial, Commercial and Hotel & Leisure. We now have 3 thriving offices and take pride in promoting internally and can point to the success stories of engineers who joined us at a mid-career level and now hold director titles.
At EDC our mission is to be progressive for our clients and our employees. We embrace innovation to drive efficiency in construction by leading the way. We cultivate an open, dynamic internal culture where good people and good ideas will always be heard.
For this role, we are looking for a hands-on and focused engineering consultant who can uphold EDC’s approach to quality-driven success. Ideally, you will possess a good knowledge of the practicalities of design, and the ability to make informed design decisions, and an understanding of the overall workings of BIM modelling. If you can use initiative, and have the aforementioned qualities, you can pave your way for a successful career with EDC.
Salary: €35,000.00-€45,000.00 per year
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma/Certificate in BIM or Engineering, Revit training desirable.
- 3+ years’ experience in a MEP Engineering Design Consultancy.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience producing drawings using 3D modelling tool, ideally at least 2 years using REVIT MEP.
- BIM experience essential.
- Experience in Residential, Commercial, Educational and Healthcare and Industrial projects.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Possess a good knowledge of the practicalities of design, and the ability to make informed design decisions.
- An understanding on the overall workings of BIM modelling is essential, and the ability to fill in for senior staff when required, e.g. model set-up and management.
- Confident in liaising with design team members across offices.
- Basic understanding of Lean principles.
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple jobs / tasks.
- Drives excellence through high quality work output.
- Proactive approach to work, with a strong team spirit.
- Builds strong relationships.
- Confident to speak up and make decisions.
- Client focused.
- Design management of projects as appropriate to ensure deadlines are met.
- Carry out M&E design work as applicable using Revit MEP and Navis.
- Produce detailed working drawings in 3D and scheme drawings as projects require.
- Working as part of a team, alongside Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, delivering constructible 3D clash free models for EDC’s clients.
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues across EDC’s three offices.
- Achieve quality excellence in your work, whilst ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Travel to clients and project locations/meetings as required. Attend BIM coordination meetings as required, representing EDC as a specialised BIM professional.
- Carry out all work in a professional manner, building EDC’s excellent reputation within the industry.
- Offer technical guidance and training to junior and intermediate staff. #
- Play an active role in ensuring EDC’s internal BIM & CAD standards are upheld.
- Keep up to date with latest BIM industry standards and technologies.
- Negotiable – dependent on experience
- Paid Overtime
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Sports & Social Club
OUR HIRING PROCESS:
We know you live a busy life and so, we have adopted a hiring process that is targeted and streamlined. We focus on your fit with EDC as well as your technical skill match.
Apply – Review – Interview – Offer – Onboarding
Apply: Find an open role that interests you with EDC via one of our recruitment channels
Review: Applications are read by real engineering managers who are both experts in interpreting resumes and are familiar with all EDC’s jobs within a talent segment—not just the one you applied for.
Interview: We use a competencies-based interviewing process that is intended to help us minimize unconscious bias while also making sure we hire people who will thrive within EDC.
Offer: We ensure we come back as quickly as possible with regards to whether you will be made an offer. If you verbally accept, we will send through an official written offer and begin the onboarding process.BIM Modeller