EDC was established in 2003, and thanks to our quality-driven approach to engineering and early-adopter ethos with new technology, we have grown during a period when most companies in this sector have struggled. We have continued to increase our workload and deliver quality, innovative engineering solutions for our clients. EDC has clients in the UK, Ireland and Africa, across a range sectors including Healthcare, Education, Residential, Industrial, Commercial and Hotel & Leisure. We now have three thriving offices and take pride in promoting internally and can point to the success stories of engineers who joined us at a mid-career level and now hold director titles.
At EDC, our mission is to be progressive for our clients and our employees. We embrace innovation to drive efficiency in construction by leading the way. We cultivate an open, dynamic internal culture where good people and good ideas will always be heard.
For this role, we are looking for a hands-on and focused engineering consultant who can uphold EDC’s approach to quality-driven success. Ideally, you will have a minimum of 2 years Building Services Consultancy Design experience and will be a competent user of Amtech/Dialux, Autodesk Applications. BIM experience would be advantageous, along with commercial & residential sector experience.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Degree level in Electrical Design Engineering
- Minimum 2 years Electrical Building Services Design experience.
- Proficient user of the following:
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.)
- Autodesk Applications (AutoCAD/Design Review)
- Commercial & Residential sector knowledge/experience a strong advantage.
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) knowledge will be advantageous.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Competent in the design and specification of electrical building services in a variety of industry and project types, sizes and complexity.
- Experience of involvement in detailed designs through full design cycle.
- Knowledge and experience of Electrical Systems including: Lighting & Emergency Lighting, Small Power and Data, Fire alarms, CCTV & Intruder Alarms, LV Power Distribution and Containment.
- Knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards.
- Project management, problem solving, presentation, communication, and IT skills essential.
- Team player with the ability to learn from your colleagues.
- Fulfill electrical design work as required, working to project deadlines.
- Design and specification of the following:
- Lighting & Emergency Lighting
- Small Power and Data
- Fire alarms
- CCTV & Intruder Alarms
- LV Power Distribution
- Assist modellers to produce detailed working drawings in 3D and scheme drawings.
- Develop project scope with design team / client
- Primarily office / home based, occasionally representing EDC at client meetings as required.
- Carry out all work in a professional manner, building EDC’s excellent reputation within the industry.
- Salary Negotiable – dependant on experience
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Sports & Social Club
Whilst working with EDC you will feel like part of a family – you will have every opportunity to get stuck in and make an impact immediately. We offer a competitive remuneration package with friendly, flexible working policies. We empower our employees, encourage them to be the best that they can be and reward success. Career advancement and professional development is core to how we work and reward our people.
OUR HIRING PROCESS:
We know you live a busy life, and so, we have adopted a hiring process that is targeted and streamlined. We focus on your fit with EDC as well as your technical skill match.
1. Apply: Find an open role that interests you with EDC via one of our recruitment channels.
2. Review: Applications are read by real engineering managers who are both experts in interpreting resumes and are familiar with all EDC’s jobs within a talent segment—not just the one you applied for.
3. Interview: We use a competencies-based interviewing process that is intended to help us minimize unconscious bias while also making sure we hire people who will thrive within EDC.
4. Offer: We ensure we come back as quickly as possible with regards to whether you will be made an offer. If you verbally accept, we will send through an official written offer and begin the onboarding process.
EDC is an equal opportunities employer