EDC was established in 2003, and thanks to our quality-driven approach to engineering and early-adopter ethos with new technology, we have grown during a period when most companies in this sector have struggled. We have continued to increase our workload and deliver quality, innovative engineering solutions for our clients. EDC has clients in the UK, Ireland and Africa, across a range sectors including Healthcare, Education, Residential, Industrial, Commercial and Hotel & Leisure. We now have three thriving offices and take pride in promoting internally and can point to the success stories of engineers who joined us at a mid-career level and now hold director titles.
At EDC, our mission is to be progressive for our clients and our employees. We embrace innovation to drive efficiency in construction by leading the way. We cultivate an open, dynamic internal culture where good people and good ideas will always be heard.
EDC require a Building Services Site Resident Engineer for a large multi-use development in Dublin 11 consisting of offices, warehouses, workshops, and extensive site services. The project is due to commence on-site in March/April 2021 and will have a construction duration of approximately 18 months.
- Salary Range €50 – €65K
To be successful in this role, you must have the following:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working as a Site Engineer on medium – large scale construction projects.
- Degree educated, or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to liaise with multiple project stakeholders.
- Act as Client’s authorised MEP representative.
- Oversee the MEP installation in terms of time, cost & quality.
- Report to client/design team regarding progress, issues and problems that may rise during the construction phase.
- Provide resolutions for technical engineering problems that occur on-site, coordinate application of solutions.
- Relay any design changes proposed/required on-site to the design team for review.
- Review the performance of subcontractors to assure contract compliance, the application of accepted construction technology and standards, and the acceptable standardization of materials and supplies.
- Maintain first-level quality assurance to confirm that the installation of all work within his/her discipline is in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards.
- Ensure that tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
- Liaise with the MEP design team on a weekly basis.
- Review and interpret MEP design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and correct technical execution of the work.
- Provide schedule and progress appraisal report to the Project Manager.
- Monitor material procurement and deliveries to ensure timeliness in support of construction activities and schedule within the assigned discipline.
- Ensure that materials received meet specifications and established standards of quality.
- Salary Negotiable – dependent on experience
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Sports & Social Club
Whilst working with EDC you will feel like part of a family – you will have every opportunity to get stuck in and make an impact immediately. We offer a competitive remuneration package with friendly, flexible working policies. We empower our employees, encourage them to be the best that they can be and reward success. Career advancement and professional development is core to how we work and reward our people.
OUR HIRING PROCESS:
We know you live a busy life, and so, we have adopted a hiring process that is targeted and streamlined. We focus on your fit with EDC as well as your technical skill match.
1. Apply: Find an open role that interests you with EDC via one of our recruitment channels.
2. Review: Applications are read by real engineering managers who are both experts in interpreting resumes and are familiar with all EDC’s jobs within a talent segment—not just the one you applied for.
3. Interview: We use a competencies-based interviewing process that is intended to help us minimize unconscious bias while also making sure we hire people who will thrive within EDC.
4. Offer: We ensure we come back as quickly as possible with regards to whether you will be made an offer. If you verbally accept, we will send through an official written offer and begin the onboarding process.
EDC is an equal opportunities employer