EDC KEY STATS
Founded in 2002 | 50 Staff & growing | Offices in Dublin, Cork and London
Are You Looking For A New Opportunity To Develop Yourself And Your Career?
Make A Difference - Shape not only your future but the environment around you. We aim to provide a work environment where you can unleash their creativity driving excellence, innovation and quality whilst doing what you are passionate about every day.
Residential | Student Accommodation | Commercial | Hotels & Leisure | Healthcare | Energy | Education
EDC was established in 2003 and thanks to our quality-driven approach to engineering and early-adopter ethos with new technology, we have grown during a period when most companies in this sector have struggled. We have continued to increase our workload and deliver quality, innovative engineering solutions for our clients. EDC has clients in the UK, Ireland and Africa, across a range sectors including Healthcare, Education, Residential, Industrial, Commercial and Hotel & Leisure. We now have 3 thriving offices and take pride in promoting internally and can point to the success stories of engineers who joined us at a mid-career level and now hold director titles.
At EDC our mission is to be progressive for our clients and our employees. We embrace innovation to drive efficiency in construction by leading the way. We cultivate an open, dynamic internal culture where good people and good ideas will always be heard.
- This role is open for the ideal candidate to work in either our Dublin or Cork Office
For this role, we are looking for a hands-on and focused engineering consultant who can uphold EDC's approach to quality-driven success. Ideally, you will have Building Services Consultancy Design experience and will be a competent user of Amtech, Relux/Dialux; BIM experience will be advantageous, and you must be able to deliver detailed designs From RIBA stages A to F. If you can use initiative, and have the aforementioned qualities, you can pave your way for a successful career with EDC.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Degree qualification in Electrical Design Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of Electrical Building Services Consultancy Design experience.
- Proficient user of the following:
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.)
- Autodesk Applications (AutoCAD/Design Review)
- Commercial sector knowledge/experience a strong advantage.
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) experience will be advantageous.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proven experience of delivering detailed designs through the full design cycle.
- Expert knowledge and experience in the following Electrical design areas: Lighting & Emergency Lighting, Small Power and Data, Fire alarms, CCTV & Intruder Alarms, MV/LV Power Distribution, Containment and BMS.
- Excel at working on several projects simultaneously and show the ability to prioritise and plan work.
- Exhibit leadership qualities whilst working flexibly as part of a team.
- Ability to make prompt, disciplined project decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Commercial Awareness.
- Negotiable – dependant on experience
- Paid Overtime
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Sports & Social Club
OUR HIRING PROCESS:
We know you live a busy life and so, we have adopted a hiring process that is targeted and streamlined. We focus on your fit with EDC as well as your technical skill match.
Apply - Review - Interview - Offer - Onboarding
Apply: Find an open role that interests you with EDC via one of our recruitment channels
Review: Applications are read by real engineering managers who are both experts in interpreting resumes and are familiar with all EDC’s jobs within a talent segment—not just the one you applied for.
Interview: We use a competencies-based interviewing process that is intended to help us minimize unconscious bias while also making sure we hire people who will thrive within EDC.
Offer: We ensure we come back as quickly as possible with regards to whether you will be made an offer. If you verbally accept, we will send through an official written offer and begin the onboarding process.