We are looking for a motivated and experienced intermediate mechanical engineer to join an ever expanding Dublin office. This role offers great career prospects and a varied portfolio of projects to work on.
EDC is a truly progressive consulting engineering firm delivering quality, innovative engineering solutions for our clients. You will learn how to deal with clients, how to deliver outstanding work and learn to collaborate using the latest technologies. You will increase your knowledge by working with one of the most progressive engineering firms in the market, and be top of your game when working with the industry BIM leaders.
We pride ourselves in our dynamic, motivated, vibrant team of highly skilled engineers who are passionate about customer service, quality and innovation. As an ambitious company, we invest in our highly skilled team of experts and want to see our employees continue to grow and develop in their expert field so that we can aim for the best with our clients.
At EDC, we operate at the highest level of integrity and value an honest, transparent approach to work. Our aim is to provide a work environment where people can unleash their creativity driving excellence, innovation and quality, whilst doing what they are passionate about every day. We deliver projects that are driven by forward-thinking experts using advanced technology.
Whilst working with EDC you will feel like part of a family – you will have every opportunity to get stuck in and make an impact immediately. We offer a competitive remuneration package with friendly, flexible working polices. We empower our employees, encourage them to be the best that they can be and reward success. Career advancement and professional development is core to how we work and reward our people.
- Degree in Building Services Engineering of Mechanical Engineering Required
- Minimum 3 years Mechanical Building Services Consultancy Design experience.
- Competent user of the following:
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.)
- Autodesk Applications (AutoCad/Revit/Design Review/Revit MEP)
- Commercial sector knowledge/experience a strong advantage.
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) experience will be advantageous.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Competent in the design and specification of mechanical building services in a variety of industry and project types, sizes and complexity.
- Experience of delivering detailed designs through full design cycle.
- Strong knowledge of MEP, including HVAC and Public Health services design.
- Expert knowledge and experience in the following Mechanical design areas: Water Services,
- Heating / LTHW, HVAC, Fuel, above ground drainage and BMS.
- Detailed understanding of specific building services design tools, such as IES.
- Deep knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards.
- Excellent project management, problem solving, presentation, communication and IT skills essential.
- Can work well within a team.
- Responsible for full Mechanical Design Management.
- Carry out Mechanical, HVAC, & PH project design work as applicable, working to project
- Design and specification of the following:
- o Water Services
- o Heating/LTHW
- o HVAC
- o Fuel
- o Above Ground Drainage
- o BMS
- Provide quality control for Mechanical Engineering projects across all offices.
- Assist Modellers to produce detailed working drawings in 3D and scheme drawings.
- Develop project scope with design team / client.
- Produce budgets and reports for clients.
- Primarily office based, occasionally representing EDC at client meetings as required.
- Carry out all work in a professional manner, building EDC’s excellent reputation within the industry.
EDC is an equal opportunities employer