Location: Cork or Dublin
Reporting to the Cork or Dublin Operations Director
EDC is a truly progressive consulting engineering firm delivering quality, innovative engineering solutions for our clients. You will learn how to deal with clients, how to deliver outstanding work and learn to collaborate using the latest technologies. You will increase your knowledge by working with one of the most progressive engineering firms in the market, and be top of your game when working with the industry BIM leaders.
We are looking for an Energy Engineer to design, develop, or evaluate energy-related projects or programs to reduce energy costs or improve energy efficiency during the designing, building, or remodelling stages of construction. May specialize in electrical systems; heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems; green buildings; lighting; air quality; or energy procurement.
- Qualified Assessor to provide project services for the following; BER Ratings (domestic and non-domestic), LEED, BREEAM, Code for Sustainable Homes
- Identify and recommend energy savings strategies to achieve more energy-efficient operation.
- Conduct energy audits to evaluate energy use and to identify conservation and cost reduction measures.
- Monitor and analyze energy consumption.
- Monitor energy-related design or construction issues, such as energy engineering, energy management, or sustainable design.
- Advise clients or colleagues on topics such as climate control systems, energy modelling, data logging, sustainable design, or energy auditing.
- Analyze, interpret, or create graphical representations of energy data, using engineering software.
- Verify energy bills and meter readings.
- Review architectural, mechanical, or electrical plans or specifications to evaluate energy efficiency.
- Prepare energy-related project reports or related documentation.
- Direct the implementation of energy management projects.
- Research renewable or alternative energy systems or technologies, such as solar thermal or photovoltaic energy.
- Write or install energy management routines for building automation systems.
- Recommend the best fuel for specific sites or circumstances.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Ideally Degree Level Building Services/ Electrical/Mechanical/Civil-Structural Engineering with Further Qualifications in Energy/Sustainability.
- Working towards Chartered status or professional membership of Engineer’s Ireland is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years in Energy Engineer / Energy Management role and ideally minimum 2 years Building Services Consultancy Design experience
- Experience in renewable energy, energy auditing and design office.
- Experienced in the use of IES.
- CFD analysis a benefit.
- Experience of integrating energy models with other software such as Revit, Sketchup etc and advantageous.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Thorough knowledge and experience of Irish Building Regulations legislation are required.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Daylighting and overheating analysis
- Commercial and domestic BER assessments
- A good understanding of mechanical and electrical services systems and design engineering
- Deep knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards.
- Excellent project management, problem-solving, and IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong sense of commercial awareness.
Whilst working with EDC you will feel like part of a family – you will have every opportunity to get stuck in and make an impact immediately. We offer a competitive remuneration package with friendly, flexible working policies. We empower our employees, encourage them to be the best that they can be and reward success. Career advancement and professional development is core to how we work and reward our people.
EDC is an equal opportunities employer