EDC is a truly progressive consulting engineering firm delivering quality, innovative engineering solutions for our clients. As Leaders in BIM technology, we employ a unique, direct client collaboration approach that allows us to develop more efficient, transparent processes and designs, which ultimately delivers outstanding work for our clients.
Whilst working with EDC you will feel like part of a family – you will have every opportunity to get stuck in and make an impact immediately. We offer a competitive remuneration package with friendly, flexible working policies. We empower our employees, encourage them to be the best that they can be and reward success. Career advancement and professional development is core to how we work and reward our people.
We are looking for an Intermediate MEP BIM Coordinator to join our London office who have experience in producing drawings using 3D modelling. At EDC, we operate at the highest level of integrity and value an honest, transparent approach to work. Our aim is to provide a work environment where people can unleash their creativity driving excellence, innovation and quality, whilst doing what they are passionate about every day.
- 3+ years’ experience in an MEP Engineering Design Consultancy.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience producing drawings using 3D modelling tool, ideally at least 2 years using REVIT MEP.
- BIM experience essential.
- Experience in Residential, Commercial, Educational and Healthcare and Industrial projects.
Diploma/Certificate in BIM or Engineering, Revit training desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Possess a good knowledge of the practicalities of design, and the ability to make informed design decisions.
- An understanding of the overall workings of BIM modelling is essential, and the ability to fill in for senior staff when required, e.g. model set-up and management.
- Confident in liaising with design team members across offices.
- Basic understanding of Lean principles.
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple jobs/tasks.
- Drives excellence through high-quality work output.
- A proactive approach to work, with a strong team spirit.
- Builds strong relationships.
- Confident to speak up and make decisions.
- Client focused.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Design management of projects as appropriate to ensure deadlines are met.
- Carry out M&E design work as applicable using Revit MEP and Navis.
- Produce detailed working drawings in 3D and scheme drawings as projects.
- Working as part of a team, alongside Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, delivering constructible 3D clash free models for EDC’s clients.
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues across EDC’s three offices.
- Achieve quality excellence in your work, whilst ensuring project deadlines are met.
If this position is of interest to you and you would like to find out more, please contact Bernie Burchill at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill a form below.