The project is due to commence on-site March 2019 and will have a construction duration of 19 months.
To be successful in this role, you must have the following:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working as a Site Engineer on medium - large-scale construction projects
- Degree educated, or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to liaise with multiple project stakeholders.
- Act as EDC’s authorised MEP representative.
- Oversee the MEP installation in terms of time, cost & quality.
- Report to the EDC/design team regarding progress, issues and problems that may arise during the construction phase.
- Provide resolutions for technical engineering problems that occur on-site; coordinate application of solutions.
- Relay any design changes proposed/required on-site to the design team for review.
- Review the performance of subcontractors to assure contract compliance, the application of accepted construction technology and standards, and the acceptable standardization of materials and supplies
- Maintain first-level quality assurance to confirm that the installation of all work within his/her discipline is in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards.
- Ensure that tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
- Liaise with the MEP design team on a weekly basis.
- Review and interpret MEP design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and correct technical execution of the work.
- Provide schedule and progress appraisal report to the Project Manager.
- Monitor material procurement and deliveries to ensure timeliness in support of construction activities and schedule within the assigned discipline.
- Ensure that materials received meet specifications and established standards of quality.