EDC is a truly progressive consulting engineering firm delivering quality, innovative engineering solutions for our clients. You will learn how to deal with clients, how to deliver outstanding work and learn to collaborate using the latest technologies. You will increase your knowledge by working with one of the most progressive engineering firms in the market, and be top of your game when working with the industry BIM leaders.
We pride ourselves in our dynamic, motivated, vibrant team of highly skilled engineers who are passionate about customer service, quality and innovation. As an ambitious company, we invest in our highly skilled team of experts and want to see our employees continue to grow and develop
in their expert field so that we can aim for the best with our clients.
At EDC, we operate at the highest level of integrity and value an honest, transparent approach to work. Our aim is to provide a work environment where people can unleash their creativity driving excellence, innovation and quality, whilst doing what they are passionate about every day. We deliver projects that are driven by forward-thinking experts using advanced technology.
Whilst working with EDC you will feel like part of a family – you will have every opportunity to get stuck in and make an impact immediately. We offer a competitive remuneration package with friendly, flexible working polices. We empower our employees, encourage them to be the best that they can be and reward success. Career advancement and professional development is core to how we work and reward our people.
- Ideally be at least educated to degree level (BEng or MEng) within a fire engineering sector.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience needed within the fire industry dealing with design, projects and compliance regarding structural and internal equipment – this must be at intermediate, or senior level of experience.
- Demonstrated track record in delivering fire strategies for construction projects across every building sector.
- A knowledge of building element fire resistance performance and other fire safety design would also be useful.
- Experience with CFD would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Responsible for the overall design, technical delivery, quality and management of fire safety design of small to large, complex projects and co-ordinating with other design team members & project stakeholders.
- Responsible for enhancing the capability and reputation of the EDC team in the group and in the wider discipline.
- Provide information on fire safety design to other Engineers within the company and take a lead role in the development of junior Engineers.
- Provide a combination of fire and safety technical skills to our projects in the Residential,
- Healthcare, and Commercial sectors in the UK and Worldwide.
- Lead in the design of fire safety systems.
- Show a level of experience in the design and implementation of fixed fire extinguishing systems, automatic & manual fire detection systems, toxic / asphyxiant gas systems and flammable atmosphere (ATEX) assessment.
- Work with Architects and other systems Engineers to develop combined system designs which are aesthetically pleasing as well as being technically correct and complete.
- Translate client requirements into an appropriate and clear project delivery approach making sound decisions and communicating effectively at all levels.
- Plan and direct engineering activities for your own projects.
- Conduct building and fire code reviews and analyses.
- Prepare and present technical reports and presentations.
- Assist the development of a high performing engineering team.
- Provide support in the preparation of bids.
- Participate in Business Development.