EDC is a truly progressive consulting engineering firm delivering quality, innovative engineering solutions for our clients. As Leaders in BIM technology, we employ a unique, direct client collaboration approach that allows us to develop more efficient, transparent processes and designs, which ultimately delivers outstanding work for our clients.
We pride ourselves in our dynamic, motivated, vibrant team of highly skilled engineers who are passionate about customer service, quality and innovation. As an ambitious company, we invest in our highly skilled team of experts and want to see our employees continue to grow and develop in their expert field so that we can aim for the best with our clients.
At EDC, we operate at the highest level of integrity and value an honest, transparent approach to work. Our aim is to provide a work environment where people can unleash their creativity driving excellence, innovation and quality, whilst doing what they are passionate about every day. We deliver projects that are driven by forward-thinking experts using advanced technology.
Whilst working with EDC you will feel like being part of a family – you will have every opportunity to get stuck in and make an impact immediately. You will have the opportunity to advance your Career & professional development through CPD and internal coaching & mentoring.
- Minimum Degree level in Mechanical Engineering
- Chartership desirable
- 7 – 9 years Building Services Consultancy Design experience
- Expert user of Microsoft Office
- BIM experience advantageous
- Experience with thermal modelling, energy assessment, dynamic energy modelling software advantageous
Knowledge and Skills:
- A thorough understanding of the theoretical and practical application of their engineering discipline, and a strong understanding of the other disciplines offered by the company.
- Proven experience of delivering detailed designs through the full design cycle.
- Expert knowledge and experience in the following Mechanical design areas: Water Services, Heating / LTHW, HVAC, Fuel, above-ground drainage and BMS.
- Good understanding of electrical services and interaction between mechanical and electrical services.
- Deep knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards.
- Deep knowledge of Irish building regulations, particularly TGD part B, F, G, L and the ability to demonstrate this knowledge in design and project lead.
- Excel at working on several projects simultaneously and show the ability to prioritise and plan work.
- Ability to lead projects internally and externally and be responsible for project performances, including satisfied clients, profitable projects, and maintaining EDC’s reputation to enable repeat work.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of other building disciplines in the design and installation of buildings.
- Exhibit leadership qualities whilst working flexibly as part of a team.
- Ability to make prompt, disciplined project decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Commercial Awareness.
- Lead and manage full Mechanical design on projects of all sizes demonstrating Client care at all times.
- Fulfil Mechanical design work as required.
- Provide quality control for projects across all offices.
- Project cost control.
- Management of both project teams and cross-functional teams within the organisational structure.
- Lead change in new systems and technologies.
- Mentor and develop less experienced Engineers.
- Assist modellers to produce detailed working drawings in 3D and scheme drawings.
- Travel to client and project locations as required to represent EDC for meetings/surveys/training etc.
- Ensure that the good name and reputation of EDC is maintained and promoted within the industry.
- Liaise and collaborate with other EDC offices for all matters as appropriate.
- Seek out new project opportunities for the company.
Whilst working with EDC you will feel like part of a family – you will have every opportunity to get stuck in and make an impact immediately. We offer a competitive remuneration package with friendly, flexible working policies. We empower our employees, encourage them to be the best that they can be and reward success. Career advancement and professional development is core to how we work and reward our people.
EDC is an equal opportunities employer