We are looking for someone who can bring their BIM expertise to an exciting MEP team and help shape our BIM strategy. As a Senior MEP BIM Coordinator, you will play a key role in leading and implementing the design and delivery process for EDC and our related projects.
EDC is a truly progressive consulting engineering firm delivering quality, innovative engineering solutions for our clients. As Leaders in BIM technology, we employ a unique, direct client collaboration approach that allows us to develop more efficient, transparent processes and designs, which ultimately delivers outstanding work for our clients.
We pride ourselves in our dynamic, motivated, vibrant team of highly skilled engineers who are passionate about customer service, quality and innovation. As an ambitious company, we invest in our highly skilled team of experts and want to see our employees continue to grow and develop in their expert field so that we can aim for the best with our clients.
At EDC, we operate at the highest level of integrity and value an honest, transparent approach to work. Our aim is to provide a work environment where people can unleash their creativity driving excellence, innovation and quality, whilst doing what they are passionate about every day. We deliver projects that are driven by forward-thinking experts using advanced technology.
Whilst working with EDC you will feel like being part of a family – you will have every opportunity to get stuck in and make an impact immediately. You will have the opportunity to advance your Career & professional development through CPD and internal coaching & mentoring.
Diploma/Certificate in BIM or Engineering, Revit training essential.
- 5+ years’ experience in an MEP Modelling role within a Building Services Environment, ideally site and consultancy experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience producing drawings using 3D modelling tool, a minimum of 3 years using REVIT MEP.
- BIM experience essential.
- Experience in Residential, Commercial, Educational and Healthcare and Industrial projects.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Expert knowledge of the practicalities of design, and the ability to make timely informed design decisions.
- Fully competent in the overall workings of BIM modelling is essential.
- Demonstrated ability in leading design team members.
- Understanding of Lean principles.
- Excellent ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple jobs/tasks.
- Drives excellence through high-quality work output.
- A proactive approach to work, with a strong team spirit.
- Builds strong relationships.
- Demonstrates leadership behaviours.
- Design management of projects as appropriate to ensure deadlines are met.
- Carry out M&E design work as applicable using Revit MEP and Navis.
- Produce detailed working drawings in 3D and scheme drawings as projects required.
- Working as part of a team (or leading a BIM team), alongside Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, delivering constructible 3D clash free models for EDC’s clients.
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues across EDC’s three offices.
- Achieve quality excellence in your work, whilst ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Travel to clients and project locations/meetings as required.
- Attend BIM coordination meetings as required, representing EDC as a specialised BIM professional.
- Carry out all work in a professional manner, building EDC’s excellent reputation within the industry.
- Offer technical guidance and training to junior and intermediate staff.
- Play an active role in ensuring EDC’s internal BIM & CAD standards are upheld.
- Keep up to date with latest BIM industry standards and technologies
EDC is an equal opportunities employer