This mixed-use development will deliver 337 new homes, and 1,750sqm of public realm and workspaces for small businesses in a unique Borough, historically known as the seat of the Arts and Crafts movement and still a hub of creative activity.
This development is less than 150 metres from Blackhorse Road station and aims to transform the current 3-acre industrial site into a new landscaped environment with 337 new homes and commercial space for businesses.
The development consists of 3 separate buildings;
- The Workshop Building houses all the commercial spaces and consists of 10 shell and core units.
- The Courtyard Building makes up cores A,B,C, and D and has the majority of the residential units with 257. (This development will be part of Greystars Residential Portfolio)
- The Linear Building makes up cores E & F of the development and includes 80 apartments. (This building will be part of Notting Hill Genesis’s Residential Portfolio)
KE Y STATISTICS:
- Very good – Commercial space is targeting a Very good BREEAM rating
- B-rating homes designed to achieve EPC B-rating
- 105 litres – The homes are designed to use an average of 105 litres of water per person per day
- Low carbon – Connection to low carbon district heat network
EDC Mechanical & Electrical Overview
EDC appointed to provide the Mechanical, Electrical & site support during construction on Equipment Works
EDC worked closely with our delivery partners to coordinate the smooth delivery and installation of the MEP services. The Linear and Courtyard Building are complete as of summer 2021 with the Workshop Building due for completion in 2021.
As part of the development, there was a live district heating network maintained and operated by EON as well as individual energy centres (both with twin plate heating substations) in each building.
We provided design for RIBA stage 3 through to handover in addition to the energy strategy, SAP’s, EPS’s and construction stage drawings. This ensured that the development meets with Part L regulations and will perform sustainably and efficiently once in use.
Developer: Telford Homes / Greystar
Architect: DLA Architecture