EDC is a truly progressive consulting engineering firm delivering quality, innovative engineering solutions for our clients. Leaders in BIM technology, we employ a unique, direct client collaboration approach that allows us to develop more efficient, transparent processes and designs, which ultimately delivers outstanding work for our clients.
We pride ourselves in our dynamic, motivated, vibrant team of highly skilled engineers who are passionate about customer service, quality and innovation. As an ambitious company, we invest in our highly skilled team of experts and want to see our employees continue to grow and develop in their expert field so that we can aim for the best with our clients.
As a Senior Electrical Design Engineer with EDC, you will be expected to have a thorough understanding of the theoretical and practical application of their engineering discipline, and a strong understanding of the other disciplines offered by the company while also lead and manage the full Electrical Design on projects of all sizes.
In this role, you will be reporting directly to the Mid-West Ireland Operations Director
- Minimum Degree level in Electrical Engineering
- Chartership desirable
- 6+ years Building Services Consultancy Design experience
- Expert user of Amtech, Relux/Dialux
- BIM experience advantageous
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proven experience of delivering detailed designs through the full design cycle.
- Expert knowledge and experience in the following Electrical design areas: Lighting & Emergency Lighting, Small Power and Data, Fire alarms, CCTV & Intruder Alarms, MV/LV Power Distribution, Containment and BMS.
- Excel at working on several projects simultaneously and show the ability to prioritise and plan work.
- Exhibit leadership qualities whilst working flexibly as part of a team.
- Ability to make prompt, disciplined project decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Commercial Awareness.
- Lead and manage full Electrical Design on projects of all sizes demonstrating Client care at all times.
- Fulfil electrical design work as required.
- Provide quality control for Electrical Engineering projects across all offices.
- Project cost control.
- Management of both project teams and cross-functional teams within the organisational structure.
- Lead change in new systems and technologies.
- Mentor and develop less experienced Engineers.
- Assist modellers to produce detailed working drawings in 3D and scheme drawings.
- Travel to client and project locations as required to represent EDC for meetings/ surveys/training etc.
- Ensure that the good name and reputation of EDC is maintained and promoted within the industry.
- Liaise and collaborate with other EDC offices for all matters as appropriate.
- Seek out new project opportunities for the company.
OUR HIRING PROCESS:
We know you live a busy life and so, we have adopted a hiring process that is targeted and streamlined. We focus on your fit with EDC as well as your technical skill match.
Apply, Review, Interview, Offer, Onboarding
Apply: Find an open role that interests you with EDC via one of our recruitment channels
Review: Applications are read by real engineering managers who are both experts in interpreting resumes and are familiar with all EDC’s jobs within a talent segment—not just the one you applied for.
Interview: We use a competencies-based interviewing process that is intended to help us minimize unconscious bias while also making sure we hire people who will thrive within EDC.
Offer: We ensure we come back as quickly as possible with regards to whether you will be made an offer. If you verbally accept, we will send through an official written offer and begin the onboarding process
EDC is an equal opportunities employer