EDC KEY STATS
Founded in 2002 | 50 Staff & growing | Offices in Dublin, Cork and London
Are You Looking For A New Opportunity To Develop Yourself And Your Career?
Make A Difference – Shape not only your future but the environment around you. We aim to provide a work environment where you can unleash their creativity driving excellence, innovation and quality whilst doing what you are passionate about every day.
Residential | Student Accommodation | Commercial | Hotels & Leisure | Healthcare | Energy | Education | Pharmaceutical
EDC was established in 2003 and thanks to our quality-driven approach to engineering and early-adopter ethos with new technology, we have grown during a period when most companies in this sector have struggled. We have continued to increase our workload and deliver quality, innovative engineering solutions for our clients. EDC has clients in the UK, Ireland and Africa, across a range sectors including Healthcare, Education, Residential, Industrial, Commercial and Hotel & Leisure. We now have 3 thriving offices and take pride in promoting internally and can point to the success stories of engineers who joined us at a mid-career level and now hold director titles.
At EDC our mission is to be progressive for our clients and our employees. We embrace innovation to drive efficiency in construction by leading the way. We cultivate an open, dynamic internal culture where good people and good ideas will always be heard.
- This role is open for the ideal candidate to work in either our Dublin, Cork, Mid-West or London Office.
- Salary: £/€50,000-£/€75,000 per year
For this role, we are looking for a hands-on and focused engineering consultant who can uphold EDC’s approach to quality-driven success. Ideally, you will have Building Services Consultancy Design experience and will be a competent user of Amtech, Relux/Dialux; BIM experience will be advantageous. If you can use initiative, and have the aforementioned qualities, you can pave your way for a successful career with EDC.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Degree qualification in Mechanical Design Engineering
- Minimum degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Chartership desirable.
- 7-9 years building services consultancy design experience.
- Expert user of Microsoft office.
- BIM experience advantageous.
- Experience with thermal modelling , energy assessment, dynamic energy modelling software advantageous.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A thorough understanding of the theoretical and practical application of their engineering discipline, and a strong understanding of the other disciplines offered by the company.
- Proven experience of delivering detailed designs through the full design cycle.
- Expert knowledge and experience in the following Mechanical design areas: Water Services, Heating / LTHW, HVAC, Fuel, above-ground drainage and BMS.
- Good understanding of electrical services and interaction between mechanical and electrical services.
- Deep knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards.
- Deep knowledge of Irish building regulations, particularly TGD part B, F, G, L and the ability to demonstrate this knowledge in design and project lead.
- Excel at working on several projects simultaneously and show the ability to prioritise and plan work.
- Ability to lead projects internally and externally and be responsible for project performances, including satisfied clients, profitable projects, and maintaining EDC’s reputation to enable repeat work.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of other building disciplines in the design and installation of buildings.
- Exhibit leadership qualities while working as part of a team.
- Ability to make prompt, disciplined project decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Commercial Awareness.
- Negotiable – dependant on experience
- Paid Overtime
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Sports & Social Club
OUR HIRING PROCESS:
We know you live a busy life and so, we have adopted a hiring process that is targeted and streamlined. We focus on your fit with EDC as well as your technical skill match.
Apply – Review – Interview – Offer – Onboarding
Apply: Find an open role that interests you with EDC via one of our recruitment channels
Review: Applications are read by real engineering managers who are both experts in interpreting resumes and are familiar with all EDC’s jobs within a talent segment—not just the one you applied for.
Interview: We use a competencies-based interviewing process that is intended to help us minimize unconscious bias while also making sure we hire people who will thrive within EDC.
Offer: We ensure we come back as quickly as possible with regards to whether you will be made an offer. If you verbally accept, we will send through an official written offer and begin the onboarding process.