Berkeley’s development is one of the largest and most significant mixed-use residential schemes in London and will deliver some 3,750 new homes, along with landscaped parkland and community facilities. The project is expected to take 20 plus years to complete and includes 500,000 sq ft of commercial space, a new cinema, a two-form entry primary school, a health centre and a substantial amount of green outdoor space.
There will be 4 neighbourhoods with each neighbourhood created by different architects and landscape designers. Waterside, Greenlands, Parkside and Quarter Yard. Masterplan by JTP.
As of January 2021, more than 300 homes have been delivered at The Green Quarter, all of which are affordable, and have been offered to existing Ealing residents under either affordable rent or shared ownership.
PHASE 3 OVERVIEW
EDC will be providing the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Design for Phase 3 of this development.
Phase 3 is in the most northern part of the development, named ‘Parkside’. It will provide 646 much-needed new homes for the area delivered within the approved Southall Waterside masterplan. In addition, Phase 3 will offer: Approximately 82 wheelchair accessible homes
- A variety of bio-diverse planting and habitat types Landscaping, including natural play features and courtyards.
- Play as a central theme throughout, including areas suitable for 0-5-year olds, as well as spaces for older children.
- Significant off-street and basement car parking facilities.
- Cycle parking spaces to promote greener, healthier journeys in Southall.
- Bio-diverse roofs to attract wildlife, such as bees and help promote the eco-system in Southall.
- New pedestrian access from Beaconsfeld Road.
- A natural link with the new proposed Central Gardens.
Phase 3 will comprise a variety of homes – from studios to three-bedroom apartments and feature 43%, high quality, tenure blind affordable housing including larger homes for families. This will be located in buildings A, B, C and F to the north of the scheme.